Baby Massage & Reflexology
Baby massage is much more than a method for simply relaxing a baby. It’s a means of communication in itself, drawing on the sense of touch, sight, sound and smell to help parents and their babies to get to know and understand each other.
Massage plays a huge role in developing that special bond between parent and baby, whilst also help alleviate common baby ailments, such as colic, constipation and wind.
In this 5 week program you will learn how to give your baby a full body massage AND reflexology techniques to soothe common baby problems.
Key benefits for your baby
- Promotes bonding and attachment
- Promotes body-mind-spirit connection
- Increases self-esteem
- Increases sense of love, acceptance, respect and trust
- Enhances communication
- Improves body awareness
- Improves relaxation and release of accumulated stress
- Stimulates circulation
- Strengthens digestive, circulatory and gastrointestinal systems
- Reduces discomfort from teething, congestion, wind, colic and emotional stress
- Improves muscle tone co-ordination
- Improves sleep patterns
- Increases hormonal function
Key benefits for you
- Improves ability to read infant cues
- Promotes bonding
- Increase confidence in parenting
- Increases communication-verbal and non-verbal
- Improves relaxation
- Provides quality time to share
- Promotes parenting skills
- Improves a sense of well being
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces stress
- Improves overall health
This is great way to meet other Mums or Dads and share your experiences of parenthood. During the course you will be guided through the strokes and how to apply them properly on your baby. Each week we will work on a different part of the body, starting with the legs and making our way up to the head, face and back. Soothing and calming Reflexology techniques will also be taught each week.
Babies are unpredictable and the needs of your baby come first so if you feel the need to feed, comfort or snuggle up with your baby, please do. You will not miss out on anything, we will go over the sequences from the previous week, in addition you will be given course notes to help you recap.
Baby massage and Reflexology is suitable from newborns to crawling
Next Course: Thursday 4th July 2019 at 10.30am for 5 weeks
Mums may help baby into carefully developed movements that work well for baby’s tender body. The movements include gentle stretching of the limbs, practice of breathing by imitating their mothers breathing patterns.
Baby yoga has similar benefits with that of baby massage, including:
- relief of ailments such as colic, reflux, constipation and wind
- stimulation of the digestive system and circulatory system
- relaxing and calming for both baby and yourself
- improve sleep patterns
- further develop bonding and communication
Yoga helps blockages of tension in the body. Tension can block the flow of energy and cause the body to tighten and become painful. For example, a colicky baby may have tension in the digestive system. Baby yoga can help relieve this. Practicing baby yoga may have many benefits for babies. Here are just a few of the benefits you may see.
- Aids in strengthening the spine
- Improves muscle condition
- Imparts flexibility of the joints
- Improves breathing and oxygen intake
- Improves balance and co-ordination
- Develops physical confidence, spatial and body awareness
- Calms and relaxes both mother and baby
- Improves relaxation and encouraging sleep for longer
Baby’s can start Baby Yoga when they can hold their head up.
Next Class Date TBC