Heated massage treatments are firm favourites with many clients, especially in the colder months (which there are plenty of here)
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones as an extension of their own hands, and placement on the body (over a towel). The heat can be both deeply relaxing and help warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply, more quickly.
Hot Stone massage is widely popular in spas worldwide and is an excellent addition to any treatment menu.
What you will learn:
- The history of Hot Stone Massage
- The Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- The Contraindications of Hot Stone and Hot Compress Massage
- The equipment needed for both and how to set it up
- How to safely apply hot stones and compress to the body
- Techniques on how to use the stones for relaxation and working deeper into the tissue
- Ayurvedic techniques for applying the hot compress
- You will be evaluated on your techniques at the end of the day using both stones and compress.
You must hold a Body Massage Practitioner Certificate or Beauty Therapy Level 3
What you need:
Please bring your own body towel and advise you to wear loose, comfortable clothing.
You don’t need to bring any equipment on the day of the course, but you will have some set up costs before you can offer the treatments to clients:
Hot Stone Heater and Stones – start at around £60-£200. On the course we use the Vulsini Bags to heat the stones which are on the higher end around £200. We have found as therapists they are much easier to use than the water heaters, but if you are on a budget by all means the water heaters are good too.
Next Course: Friday 31 May
Pre-requisites: Body Massage or Beauty Therapy Level 3
BOOK NOW – £45 deposit – non refundable